Please note prices are subject to change.
Explore the culture and cuisine of Italy!
Learn cook like an Italian!
Learn about classical literature!
Visit the ancient cities of Rome and Florence!
Join Greenville Technical College professors and college students on an unforgettable trip to Italy, March 17-24, 2017.
The tour through Explorica, https://www.explorica.com/ includes:
· Round-trip airfare from Atlanta
· 6 overnight stays in hotels with private bathrooms (double occupancy)
· European breakfast daily
· Dinner daily
· Full-time services of a professional Tour Director
· Tips for Tour Director and Bus Driver
· Visits to select attractions as per itinerary
· Experiential learning through activities coordinated with Greenville Technical College professors
Tour Itinerary includes:
· Flight to Bologna
· Bologna city walk, including Piazza Maggiore, Le due Torri, Basilica di San Petronio
· Parmigiano & Prosciutto di Parma factory guided visit
· Modena balsamic vinegar tasting
· Travel to Florence
· Florence guided walking sightseeing tour with Whisper headsets
· Palazzo Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, Chiesa di Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio, Duomo visit, leather workshop, Gates of Paradise, Giotto’s Bell Tower, Dante's House
· Traditional Florentine dinner
· Local market guided visit
· Cooking class
· Travel to Rome via Siena
· Truffle & olive oil vineyard visit
· Rome city walk, including Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona
· Authentic trattoria dinner
· Rome guided walking sightseeing tour with Whisper headsets
· Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel visit, St. Peter’s Basilica visit, Colosseum visit, Piazza Venezia, Forum Romanum visit
· Pizza-making class & dinner
Expected Tour Costs:
$ 200 Registration fee payable to Greenville Technical College, Economic Development and Corporate Training
$ 35 Background check payable to SR&I
$3,400 Payable to Explorica (estimate, subject to change)
$3,635 Total *
*Additional fees for passport, travel to Atlanta, airline-imposed luggage fees, lunches, snacks, and drinks while on tour are not included.
To sign up for this remarkable trip to Italy, follow these easy steps:
1. Complete preliminary registration with $200 Registration Fee for the Italy Educational Tour:
Economic Development and Corporate Training
216 South Pleasantburg Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
(Greenville Technical College Faculty and Staff should contact Anne Doyle at email@example.com or
(864) 250-8246 for registration information.)
2. Complete Background Check Permission with SR&I.
(Physical address for in-person delivery: 5 Century Dr., Suite 210, Greenville, SC 29607)
3. When you are notified that your Background Check has cleared, you will be contacted by tour organizers and given tour registration information, including the GTC Trip ID.
4. You may then visit the Explorica website, using the GTC Trip ID, to begin your registration process. There you will find informational materials, schedules, fees, and an FAQ section.
Contact Anne Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 250-8246
|Dates:||March 17-24, 2017 Check for other Dates|
|Meets:||F, M, Tu, W and Th from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM , 6 session(s)|
Additional fees for Background Check Authorization form required. See course description for details. Valid Passport required.
There are still openings remaining at this time.