Baking 101: Intro to Cake Decorating (Hands-on)
Please note prices are subject to change.
|Dates:||September 30, 2021
Meets: Th from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Location: CHI 112
Learn the essential skills for decorating and styling cakes of all kinds as you practice your skills in this hands-on course. Our chef-instructor will walk you through every step of the process for making buttercream icing, preparing cake layers for filling, using a piping bag and applying various piping tips to achieve your creative vision. The skills you learn in this course will transfer to decorating with buttercream no matter the cake or the occasion, from birthdays and anniversaries to everyday celebrations.
Rate includes one adult; reduced rates available for adult with one child. Be sure to select the appropriate "Optional Fee."
Please no children under 8; one child per adult.
At each of CHI’s Hands-on Cooking Classes, you’ll enter Greenville Tech’s gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. CHI's culinary educators bring extensive cooking and teaching experience to help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from CHI’s chef-instructor as you produce several dishes in CHI’s state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
UPDATE ON COVID-19
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancellations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit CHI Policies & Procedures at https://chigreenville.com/about/index.html to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
- Based on available data, masks are now optional for all employees and students based on the individual's comfort level. Those who are unvaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks. Please be respectful of the needs and choices of others as we lift the mask requirement.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.
| Category|| Description|| Amount|
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 79.00|
|Optional Fee||Add 1 Child (8 to 15)||$ 39.00|
|Optional Fee||Add 1 Adult (16 and up)||$ 71.00|
Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center 112
Greenville Technical College
556 Perry Ave.
Greenville SC 29611
|09/30/2021||Thursday||5:30 PM to 9 PM ||CHI 112 |