SERVSAFE FOOD PROTECTION MANAGER CERTIFICATION**NOTE:**
This course does NOT include the textbook and exam voucher!
All students must purchase the textbook and exam voucher from ServSafe.com BEFORE coming to class!
See instructions under KNOW BEFORE YOU GO (below).
We recommend purchasing your textbook and voucher one full month before class to allow for ample review time.
FULL COURSE COST: $92.50
This price includes the full class and proctored exam service, but it does **NOT** include the cost of the exam voucher or textbook.
TIME: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
This course includes a one-hour lunch break, during which you may leave CHI. You may also bring a lunch to eat at CHI.
LOCATION: CHI - Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center
556 Perry Ave, Suite B 114, Greenville, SC 29611
1. Register online at www.CHIgreenville.com
. Click on learning options / ServSafe training options / ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification / Select a date.
2. Register by phone: please contact EDCT at 864-250-8800 between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday, or email CE@gvltec.edu
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
1. Students should review/read the book before class attendance.
2. The exam format is ONLINE ONLY and will be on the same day as the class meeting. Students must bring a device (a laptop computer, chrome book, or iPad-type device that is Wi-Fi compatible) to take the exam. Cell phones are not allowed during testing times.
3. Again, please note that you must purchase the textbook and exam voucher BEFORE coming to class. Textbook and exam voucher are NOT included in the course fee.
To purchase the correct code, please complete the following steps:
1. Log in to www.servsafe.com
2. If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD AS YOU WILL NEED IT TO LOG IN AND TAKE YOUR EXAM.
3. Click the "SERVSAFE MANAGER" tab at the top left of the screen.
4. Click the "Buy Products" button in the middle of the screen.
5. Under "Manager Training and Certification Exam Products" on the LEFT of the screen, click "BUY NOW."
6. In the first row, select "ServSafe Manager Book 7th Ed, English, with Online Exam Vouc" (ESV7) for $68.00. Click "Add to Cart."
7. Check out using credit/debit card, etc.
8. Print out your exam code and bring it with you on the date of your scheduled exam.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill Twaler at (864) 236-6692 or email email@example.com
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancelations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit About CHI >> CHI Policies & Procedures at www.CHIgreenville.com to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
- Facemasks covering nose and mouth are required for all college visitors, students and employees.
- Please do not bring extra guests.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.