Dates: May 3, 2023
Meets: W from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Location: Brashier - Bldg 202 203
Registration Fee: $420.00
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
This course provides the licensed nurse (LPN, VN, RN) the opportunity for learning to practice efficiently and safely intravenous (I.V.) therapy. The nurse will master the theory and practice of intravenous therapy in the classroom.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
By the end of this course, the student will:
1. List the legal ramifications of delivering and managing intravenous therapy.
2. Discuss with understanding the scope and standards of LPN/VN/RN practice specifically relating to I.V. therapy.
3. Define I.V. terminology.
4. Discuss the practice of safe administration of I.V. fluids, IV medications and blood products.
5. Identify various equipment and catheters and their use in I.V. therapy.
6. Discuss the nurse's working knowledge of fluid and electrolyte balance in adult patients.
7. Review and discuss basic anatomy regarding the circulatory system and recommended sites for various types of I.V. infusions.
8. Demonstrate current understanding of infection control standards as reported by the CDC.
9. Demonstrate successful competency of venipuncture, connection to saline wells and to infusion lines.
10. Demonstrate successful competency of CVADs and PICC assessment.
11. Demonstrate successful competency of dressing change associated with CVADs and simple I.V. sites.
12. Demonstrate successful competency of blood draw and flushing associated with CVADs.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 395.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||Discount Fee||$ 0.00|
|Mandatory Fee||Lab fee||$ 25.00|
Brashier - Bldg 202 203Brashier Campus, Building 202, Room 203
Greenville Technical College
1830 West Georgia Road
Simpsonville, SC 29680
864-250-8800 or 864-228-5000
Brashier Campus Map and Driving Directions
Jerdone Maria Davis
|05/03/2023||Wednesday||9 AM to 2 PM||Brashier - Bldg 202 203|