Arrhythmia - Basic
Please note prices are subject to change.
Meets: Online - 24/7 Access
Interactive online self-paced course that takes you from the basic anatomy and physiology of the cardiac system to more complex pathophysiologic processes. Teachings in basic electrophysiology guide the learner to interpret basic and advanced arrhythmias of the heart. The course includes coverage of pacemaker arrhythmias and 12 lead EKG. The course features full-color illustrations, video presentations and moving rhythm strips. Interactive exercises guide the learner as they realize the complexities of cardiac structure and arrhythmias.
This 24-hour course is perfect for those who need arrhythmia training or a refresher for telemetry techs or nurses.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
* Describe the anatomy and physiology of the heart and the conduction system
* Explain the phases of the cardiac cycle
* Interpret waveforms on an ECG strip
* Calculate rate, rhythm, and measure waveforms on ECG paper
* Describe the appropriate steps in the analysis of a rhythm strip
* Identify accurately sinus rhythms
* Identify accurately sinus arrhythmias
* Identify accurately atrial rhythms
* Identify accurately ventricular rhythms
* Identify accurately junctional rhythms
* Identify accurately AV blocks
* Identify accurately pacemaker rhythms
* Perform a 12 lead EKG
* Identify accurately abnormalities on a 12 lead EKG
Monitor Technician in a medical center
Medical Physcian Practice Clerk
The following two links are not applicable to this course. Your next step will be to "Enroll Yourself"
Within 3-5 business days of registering, your user ID and password will be sent to you via your email address. The access letter will give you instructions on how to log into the course.
If you have trouble with logging into the course, contact 864 250-8000 and pick option 0.
Your book bundle is at the Greenville Technical College's Bookstore - This includes the text, a pocket sized reference and an online access code. Refer to the course number BOA 502 when purchasing the book bundle. The approximate cost is $ 92.00.
You have 90 days to complete the course after the first log on. A pin code will be entered.
Before the course content will be loaded, you are required to complete assignment 1. Please read your Announcement folder.
| Category|| Description|| Amount|
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 270.00|