Please note prices are subject to change.
|Dates:||October 13, 2021
Meets: W from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Location: CHI 102
One of the most important skills in any cook’s repertoire is the ability to build flavors throughout the cooking process, from pairing the right herbs and spices together to using techniques that maximize flavor in the final product.
In this course, you’ll learn to think like a chef about salt, herbs, spices and techniques that make your favorite cuisine distinctive. What are some substitutions you can make to achieve great results even if you’re out of a particular ingredient or can’t find it in your local grocery? How much salt is enough and how can you tell?
Spend two hours preparing and tasting a variety of proteins, vegetables and grains under the guidance of CHI’s professional chef-instructor, and learn how to take your cooking from bland to bold.
Each Studio Demonstration & Tasting Class includes the following:
- Professional culinary instruction with interactive Q/A
- Two high-definition TV screens with live video to ensure a great view from every seat in CHI’s culinary studio
- Tapas-sized portions of several dishes
- An informational packet with all the recipes, tips and techniques covered during the demonstration
Taste and learn at CHI!POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
UPDATE ON COVID-19
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancellations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit CHI Policies & Procedures at https://chigreenville.com/about/index.html to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
- Masks are mandatory for vaccinated and unvaccinated employees, students, visitors, and vendors in all indoor spaces.
Masks are strongly encouraged in outdoor spaces when groups gather. The situation will be evaluated at regular intervals to determine a safe end date for the mask mandate. Face shields are not an acceptable substitute for masks unless an employee has submitted medical documentation to HR or a student has submitted medical documentation to Student Disability Services.
Vaccinations are also strongly encouraged for everyone. Many vaccine locations, including the Buck Mickel Center, accept walk-ins. Vaccine events are also being held on our campuses to make getting the shot as convenient as possible.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.
| Category|| Description|| Amount|
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 39.00|
|Optional Fee||Additional Person||$ 31.00|
Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center Rm 102
Greenville Technical College
556 Perry Ave.
Greenville SC 29611
|10/13/2021||Wednesday||6 PM to 8 PM ||CHI 102 |