HIPAA Privacy Training
Please note prices are subject to change.
Meets: ONLINE - 24/7 access
Location: 000-No Location Needed
Learn about required privacy standards that govern all healthcare personnel in uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI).
HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, is covered in this online course and is required for all students before their clinical externship to ensure they are informed of the legal aspects of health information confidentiality.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe protected health information
- Discuss the identifiers that reveal a patient's identity
- Explain the difference between intentional and unintentional disclosure
- Describe when you are allowed to release protected health information
- List patient rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
NOTE: This class is MANDATORY for students in the following programs: Medical Coding, Ophthalmic Assistant, Medical Receptionist, Unit Secretary, Medical Physician Practice Clerk, Medical Insurance .
No textbook required.
Within 3-5 BUSINESS days of registering, your user ID and password will be sent to you via your email address.
You have 14 days to complete the course after the first log-in.
Once logged-in, before the course content will be loaded, you are required to view Syllabus and complete first assignment.
If you have trouble with logging into the course, contact 864-250-8000 and pick option 0.
| Category|| Description|| Amount|
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 109.00|