Emergency Dispatch 9-1-1 (Hybrid)
Dates: May 11 - August 17, 2024
Meets: Sa from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Location: Dental 407
Registration fee: $569.00
There are still openings remaining at this time.
The requirements for public safety dispatching jobs vary greatly by agency and area of the country. This course will cover the basics to get a person started in the local field of dispatching. This course will conclude with a 12 hour mentor rotation with a dispatcher.
A dispatcher may be required to perform one or all of the following tasks:
* Take telephone calls from the public, both for emergency and non-emergency incidents, and/or administrative units of the agency
* Dispatch units to incidents, both emergency and non-emergency
* Track the status of units, vehicles and equipment
* Greet citizens who come to the front counter
* Process prisoners in the jail or lock-up
* Perform clerical work related to incident reports and officer activity
Pay rates for dispatchers vary greatly. Call takers might start at $34,000/year while supervisors may earn up to $40,000/year.
* Role of the telecommunicator
* Basic telephone skills
* Basic radio skills
* Interpersonal communication
* Legal issues
* Customer service
* Stress and stress management
* Type minimum of 35 wpm.
* Have a high school diploma or GED.
* Customer service oriented, organizational skills and ability to multi-task a must.
* Background check needed.
* Sign a Statement of Understanding.
* CPR class included.
FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO QUALIFY!
AFTER REGISTERING, CONTACT Renee Rubner AT 250-8637 REGARDING BACKGROUND CHECK AND STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING. Please note enrollment deadline is one week prior to start date--allow extra time for funding applcation-inquire with Renee if interested.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration fee||$ 569.00|
Dental 407Dental Building 112, Rm 407
Greenville Technical College 10 Skyview Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Barton Campus Map and Driving Directions
|05/11/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|05/18/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|06/01/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|06/08/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|06/15/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|06/22/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|06/29/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|07/13/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|07/20/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|07/27/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|08/03/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|08/10/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|
|08/17/2024||Saturday||9 AM to 1:30 PM||Dental 407|