HIPAA Privacy Training
Please note prices are subject to change.
Learn about required privacy standards that govern all healthcare personnel in uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI).
HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, is covered in this online course and is required for all students before their clinical externship to ensure they are informed of the legal aspects of health information confidentiality.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe protected health information
- Discuss the identifiers that reveal a patient's identity
- Explain the difference between intentional and unintentional disclosure
- Describe when you are allowed to release protected health information
- List patient rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
NOTE: This class is MANDATORY for students in the following programs: Medical Coding, Ophthalmic Assistant, Medical Receptionist, Unit Secretary, Medical Physician Practice Clerk, Medical Insurance (BOB625, BOC504, BOC664, BOB691, BOC796, BOC801, BOB868, BOB817, BOB763, BOC534).
Student will receive log-on instructions by email within 2-3 business days of registering.
AAPC approved through 4/30/15
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.