Please note prices are subject to change.
Registration and detailed information available at http://careertraining.ed2go.com/gvltec-onlbus/.
3-month extension fee $75.
The Marketing Design Online Training Program focuses on helping you develop technical skill and creative artistry using applied marketing principles.
You will learn the following:
1. Digital Imaging Your work will demonstrate entry-level professional Photoshop skills and effective decisions in selecting and editing images. You will be able to improve images for professional publication by retouching and correction, and create realistic or imaginative images by compositing or collage.
2. Color You will develop distinctive color palettes based on the principles of color harmony. Your work will exhibit a sophisticated use of color and contrast, the ability to research colors and make choices that are appropriate for each client and project.
3. Vector Art You will develop entry-level professional skills in creating vector art illustrations in Illustrator, using shape drawing and freehand drawing/tracing tools, Pen tool, type tools, and basic effects. You will be able to create simple, stylized logos, icons, and illustrations for effective visual communication.
4. Typography You will be able to research and select appropriate typefaces and design typography to support the branding or communication goal of a particular client or project. You will demonstrate the ability to organize text into a clear, readable information hierarchy in page layouts while using display type for impact and expression.
5. Marketing You will be able to analyze basic marketing principles and strategies, and identify the three major eras of marketing, the primary categories of marketing activities, and the types of marketing pieces most commonly designed. You can analyze a target market, interpret mission and vision statements, and interpret a marketing plan.
6. Logo Design You will be able to use a professional, iterative design process to develop a logo design that meets client goals. You are able to apply an understanding of branding and typography to create simple, graphically appealing logo/identity designs.
7. Ad Design You will develop the ability to create effective advertising design for campaigns in different print media. Your work shows the ability to convey a simple, engaging visual message that helps a business client fulfill a specific advertising goal.
8. Identity Design You will develop skill in researching and developing an effective concept for the visual identity of a company or organization. Your work will show a basic proficiency in creating and applying an identity in various design contexts, including business card, letterhead, ads, and storefront.
|Dates:||August 1 - December 31, 2015 Check for other Dates|
|Meets:||ONLINE - 24/7 access , 1 session(s)|
Must contact Anne Doyle at 864-250-8246 or email@example.com for access after you register.
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.